I'm getting ready for primary on Sunday and our song for the month is "Follow The Prophet". I just wanted to share a verse that I have written for Joseph Smith, which you are welcome to use if you would like. I actually introduced this to the kids a few weeks ago and encouraged them to write a verse for a latter-day prophet. I don't know if anyone has. One mom called me and her daughter was so excited, so I'm looking forward to seeing if she has. We may write one as a group for Pres. Monson. Our stake primary chorister gave a copy of some latter-day follow the prophet verses that she found online. If there is a particular prophet you're interested in and you can't find a verse, let me know and I'll share what she gave us. Here's the verse for Joseph Smith:
The prophet, Joseph Smith, was searching for the truth.
He knelt down and prayed while he was yet a youth.
The Father and the Son appeared and taught him right.
The gospel was restored..the Book of Mormon came to light.
Happy singing time to all my chorister friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment